Newly revised 4/24/15 - Please download the Institutional Approval/Prior Approval (IPASS) form for the following requests:
- Incur Pre-award Costs
- Set up an Advance Project in ARC
- Request a No-cost Extension
- To issue an Outbound Subaward
SPA Forms (NOTE - all forms listed are to be used for either Morningside or CUMC unless otherwise noted):
- Columbia University Face Page - Morningside (to use when sponsor does not provide a face sheet)
- Columbia University Face Page - CUMC (to use when sponsor does not provide a face sheet)
- Subcontract Proposal Face Sheet (to be used when another institution is the PRIME awardee)
- Department Award Set Up Form (blank form)
- Example of completed Department Set Up Form
- Certification of Required Education in the Protection of Human Subjects
Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure Forms for Outside Consultants
Additional Compensation Request Form for Sponsored Projects
- Additional Compensation - Sponsored Projects Request Form - this form must be completed, signed, and submitted to email@example.com
SUBAWARD FORMS (to be used when Columbia University is the PRIME awardee):
NEW Subrecipent Conflict of Interest Form (updated 8/20/2012)
The following forms can be used to ensure compliance with the new PHS Conflict of Interest regulations, effective 8/24/2012:
Subawardee compliance with the new COI regulations can be confirmed via two methods: verification that the institution is listed in the Federal Demonstration Partnership registry (http://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/fdp/PGA_070596) or by completing the Columbia University Sub-Awardee Financial Conflict of Interest Policy Confirmation Form. Subawardee compliance must be verified for each subawardee prior to the submission of any proposal in which a subaward or subcontract is anticipated. Provide the completed form to the SPA PO handling the review and submission of the application. In the event that a proposal was submitted prior to August 24, 2012 and it is subsequently awarded, this form must be in place before any subawards can be issued to the partnering institution.
In the event that a subrecipient indicates at proposal submission that they do not have, but will have, a policy in place prior to award, this can be verified by its listing on the FDP Registry or by use of the Follow-Up Subrecipient Conflict of Interest Form.
3. New Subrecipient Conflict of Interest Exemption Request Form - click to download
In very unusual circumstances, Principal Investigators can request that subrecipients be covered under Columbia's COI policy. This form is to be used to request that such an exception be granted for a particular subrecipient on a specific project.Additional Subaward Forms:
- Pre-award Assessment of the Proposed Subawards
- Subaward Request Form (use IPASS form at top of page)
NEW - Administrative Information for Training Grants
SPA can assist you with producing one of the tables required for NRSA Training Grant applications: "Institutional Training Grant Support Available to Participating Faculty Members, Department(s), or Program(s)" (known as "Table 3"). This table is required for New and Competing NIH training grant applications. In order to receive this assistance, please complete the following excel form and return it to SPA Business Systems (SPA-eBiz@columbia.edu) every time you submit a new or competing continuation training grant application.
You can request the Business Systems division of SPA for grants data. Download and submit the following request for to InfoEdHelpDesk@columbia.edu:
University Compliance Forms
Most forms that require institutional approval (IRB, IACUC, Conflict of Interest, etc.) can be found in RASCAL. Here are direct links to the Offices involved for further guidance:
IRB Protocol Forms - use RASCAL. For more information:
IACUC Protocol Forms - use RASCAL. For more information:
- Institute of Comparative Medicine (ICM) - to order, acquire, or move animals. Sign in, and go to "Forms."
- Comparative Medicine's Current Per Diem Rates
Environmental Health & Safety - use RASCAL to obtain approval for recombinant DNA, infectious agents, human materials or other potentially infectious materials, laser, hazardous chemicals or toxins, and radioisotopes. Safety courses are also available in RASCAL.
Other Internal Forms
All human embryo and stem cell research must be approved by the University Human Embryo and Stem Cell Research Committee:
As part of processing University appointments, a signed Invention Agreement Letter is required for all full time Officers of Instruction, salaried Officers of Research, Postdoctoral Clinical and Research Fellows, Student Officers of Research and Graduate Students who receive stipends from pre-doctoral training grants or from individual pre-doctoral fellowships.