Welcome to Sponsored Projects Administration
NEW - 12/5/2014 - NOT-OD-15-032 - New Biographical Sketch Format Required for NIH and AHRQ Grant Applications Submitted for Due Dates on or After May 25, 2015
- New Biosketch Forms and Samples
- Use the Science Experts Network (SciENcv) to build your biosketch
- 3-minute video tutorial on SciENcv, and 2-page flyer
- Article from Dr. Sally Rockey, NIH, "Implementing the Modified Biosketch Format."
10/13/2014 (updated 11/21/14) -University Travel Policy to Ebola-affected Countries - SPA will not submit proposals that include travel to Sierra Leone, Guinea, Liberia and Mali without the written approval from appropriate dean and Provost. Please read the Policy in its entirety, and check back for continuous updates.
10/11/2014 - View this presentation for a summary and clarification of all NIH progress reporting changes taking effect this month.
4/17/2014 - NOT-OD-14-074 - For NIH & AHRQ applications due after April 16, 2014, following an unsuccessful resubmission (A1) application, applicants may submit the same idea as a new (A0) application for the next appropriate due date.
Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) serves as a central resource to support the research community at Columbia University by providing guidance and stewardship for the researchers and administrators on all campuses.
Our mission is to provide excellent administrative support to investigators in their pursuit of research and other scholarly activities while ensuring compliance with federal, University and private sponsor regulations, terms and conditions.
SPA operates through delegation of authority from the University Board of Trustees as a unit of the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research.
SPA offers a wide range of services including:
- Review and submission of proposals
- Award negotiation and acceptance
- Account setup
- Subcontract issuance and negotiations
- Sponsor communications during the life cycle of the award
- Award close-out (non-financial)
- Sponsored project data collection and reporting
- Grants education
Throughout this site you will see references to the Sponsored Projects Handbook, a reference guide to sponsored projects created by Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA), Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Sponsored Projects Finance (SPF), Office of the Controller.